Calming oneself down in the times of misery and difficult situations is very important for the well-being of your mental health and to lead our lives peacefully. Philosophically, life is filled with difficult times to face the consequences and in order to overcome the hurdles we have to be in the right state of mind, in a state of mindfulness and peace. Staying calm in difficult situations gives us the strength and self confidence, and a positive affirmative feeling of, we can take it and go through this and overcome the situation.
Staying calm in hard times is quite necessary to analyse the given situation and come up with a solution to make the situation better. Difficult times do not knock before coming, they come like a surprise to you. We do not know when they will come but we have to be mentally, physically and emotionally prepared for any emergency or crisis that comes our way to face them. Just for an example, the current situation of the world is a difficult time, it's a crisis. People are fighting a constant battle with a deadly virus that is not visible to our eyes.
The virus is roaming in the environment and thousands and thousands of people are succumbing to the virus in a day, there are people who are losing their jobs, livelihood, they do not even have one time meal of the day to eat. Everywhere is now filled with negativity, misery, suffering and sorrows. Humans are now hopeless, they have lost all their faith. But if we want we can turn a blind eye to the negativity present around us and turn them into positive energy and we can only do this by staying calm.
Why To Stay Calm?
Calmness is the state of mind in which our mind is in a peaceful and relaxing state which ensures us to think logically about a situation in a difficult time. It is very crucial to stay in a proper state of mind in a situation where you need to make decisions, because we eventually make wrong decisions when we are in a state of frustration and irritation and regret it later. There are many reasons why to stay calm in difficult situations.
- Staying calm in a chaotic situation Increases Patience and tolerance to handle situations.
- It increases mental and emotional intelligence during the time of emergency or crisis.
- It helps a person to be successful in their career and work as staying calm enables a person to make correct decisions keeping every prospect in mind.
- Staying calm helps an individual to have a positive attitude towards everything in life and eradicate the negative way of living life which leads to a peaceful and prosperous life.
- It helps to be an excellent team leader and have a team spirit and inculcates good communication skills in a person to communicate with everyone in the team.
- It gives an optimistic approach to every problem that comes their way.
- Staying calm in a difficult situation also makes a person a good friend, people look up to them and stay calm. They can give others strength and a sense of being there for people going through difficult times and help them.
- Possessing a sense of Calmness also encourages good health, both physical and mental. They can be very productive by staying calm and not worrying about the situation.
- Analysing and focusing skills also increases with staying calm as you can analyse the given situation and concentrate to think which is the right decision.
- Staying calm can also help us in letting go of the past and focus on our present life. It lets go of the past worries and miseries that we have faced.
How To Stay Calm
As staying calm involves so many benefits may it be mental, emotional and physical aspects of a person , we should try more to do things that enable us to adapt to difficult situations by staying calm and relaxed. Staying calm and composed in a crisis is a characteristic that everyone should embrace. Staying calm is generally a psychological situation but can be brought into our daily lives during difficult times by the following ways-
- Rest and Sleep- Having a sound sleep to rest your body and mind helps to stay calm in difficult situations. It gives mind the strength and sharpness to tackle every problem.
- Exercise- Staying active and doing physical activities releases all our tensions and stress and help us to stay fit and in good health that encourages mindfulness.
- Meditation- Doing regular meditation sessions gives our mind a sense of peace and comfort and helps us to focus on things more.
- Positive approach- Staying in a positive energy and having an optimistic approach also helps us to be calm in difficult situations.
- Close to nature- Inhabiting in places close to nature with natural abundance is also good for a stable mind and soul. It helps to release all our toxic thoughts from our mind by breathing the fresh air.
- Healthy surrounding- Being surrounded by happy, healthy and positive people also helps us to have a positive attitude towards our life and stay calm.
Staying calm not only helps us to mend the damages that are caused in difficult times but also helps in our personal growth. Staying calm and composed is very essential to have a positive life.